almost 3 years ago
As if just building cool skills and taking your Alexa knowledge to the next level with the new Alexa Conversations dialog manager wasn’t enough incentive for you, here’s a reminder of the prize potential for eligible participants, including participation prizes:
- Top 300 Participant Prize
(Awarded to any eligible skill that did not win a higher prize, one per submitter, one per published submission. Limit to 300)
- United States winners • $50 USD delivered via Amazon.com digital gift card
- International winners • $50 USD transferred via PayPal
- Finalist Prizes: Ten finalists will take home the following:
- USD $5,000
- Included in the blog post featuring winning skills
- Grand Prize: The winner for the overall best Alexa skill will be chosen from the finalists and will receive $20,000 on top of their finalist prize along with a coveted Alexa Skills Challenge Trophy!
- Bonus Prizes – Winners of the following bonus prizes will receive $2,000, will be included in the blog post featuring winning skills. Here is a reminder of the bonus categories:
- Best Food and Drink Skill
- Best Productivity Skill
- Best Education & Reference Skill
- Best Game & Trivia Skill
- Best Kids Skill
- Best Health & Fitness Skill
This list, along with an important note on multiple prize eligibility can be found at https://alexabeyondvoice.devpost.com/details/prizes.
As a reminder, here is the main requirement for the challenge:
Build (or update) and publish an Alexa skill that uses APL for Audio (beta), APL, motion and sensing APIs OR Alexa Web API for Games to add rich audio, visuals, or motion to your experience. Your skill must incorporate at least one of the four features. Skills using display templates are NOT eligible.
All skills must be submitted to the Alexa Skill Store in any of the Alexa locales by November 17th, 2020 5 PM EST and PASS certification by December 11th, 2020 5 PM EST. Submissions to Devpost must include a video demonstration and written detailed description of the skill, including instructions for judges on how to invoke and access any purchasable content (if applicable).
Good luck and happy building!